Welcome to Cureadosity. Thank you for choosing to visit us and join our community of book-lovers everywhere!
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Information||The main reasons we collect it||Legal basis for processing|
|Name||Your name enables us to communicate personally with you and to address deliveries to you.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Address||We need your address so that we can know your location and send our Products to you. You can choose the best address for this.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Phone number||We may use your phone number to contact you about deliveries, or use for SMS or telephone marketing with your permission.||Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to stay in touch with our customers).|
|Email address||We require your email address to register an account with us, and to send you email confirmations for it, along with other communications (e.g. relating to account security, account updates, product updates and marketing messages).||Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to stay in touch with our customers).|
|Username||A username enables you to be uniquely identified within our business, and enables you to securely log in to your Cureadosity customer account.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Password||Your password enables you to keep your Cureadosity customer account secure.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Date of birth||We collect this to confirm that you are old enough to purchase our Products and consent to the processing of your personal information.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Your preferences for receiving communications and notifications||We store your preferences so we know exactly how to communicate with you (e.g. for marketing or sending service communications), and in some cases, how not to communicate with you.||Consent; and Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are not at risk of breaching data protection laws by communicating with you where you have asked us not to).|
|Feedback and suggestions||When you provide us with feedback and suggestions, we’ll record these against your customer account and bear them in mind for future updates.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to act on customer feedback to inform and improve our Products and strategy).|
|Your purchase history||When you purchase a Product, we keep a record of what you have purchased and when. This enables us to fully understand our customers’ individual preferences, and more generally, what they like and what they don’t. The information will also help us to understand when to promote certain Products and when not to, and how to build improvements into our offerings.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers, to keep the Products updated and relevant, to study how customers use our services, to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy).|
|Payments information (e.g. records of transactions)||We record payment and transaction data to keep financial and security records for our business and to comply with our legal obligations to retain financial and transaction information. We may also keep a record of where payments have been successful or have failed against a customer’s details in our systems.||Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us, to pay refunds owed to you and to prevent us facilitating fraud).|
|Records of competitions and prizes||Whenever we hold competitions and/or give away rewards or prizes, we keep an internal record of how they have been distributed. We collect data around competitions, how customers interact with them, and we use that data to improve the way we hold competitions and give away rewards or prizes in future.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use or wish to use our services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).|
We only ever use your information in line with applicable data protection laws – in particular, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In short, this means we only use it where we have a legal basis to do so. Under GDPR, these are the general legal bases for which we process your personal information, as detailed in the table above:
- Consent – you have given us consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we have told you about.
- Performance of our contract – processing your personal information is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
- Legitimate interests – processing your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests (including where processing is required to comply with or enforce a legal obligation).
We may disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Third Party Providers: We use certain companies, agents or contractors (Third Party Providers) to perform services on our behalf or to help deliver our services to you. In particular we use a shipping company for deliveries and a packing company for labelling and we provide them with the required details to fulfil those purposes. We also contract Third Party Providers, for example for: infrastructure and IT services; marketing communications; to process credit card transactions or other payment methods; online shopping software; and to analyse and action data. In the course of providing such services, these Third Party Providers may have access to your personal information. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services to us.
This section is to explain how we will ensure that you only receive communications that you wish to receive.
If you do opt in to receive communications, then you can click to unsubscribe at any time by following the relevant link in those communications. If you choose not to receive this information we will be unable to keep you informed of new Products and promotions and other services we way offer.
Whatever you choose, you’ll still receive other important information, for example delivery updates and Product purchase confirmations.
As detailed in section 2, we may send you communications such as those which relate to any Product or service updates or provide customer satisfaction surveys. We consider that we can lawfully send these communications to you as we have a legitimate interest to do so, namely to effectively provide you with the best service we can and to grow our business.
We keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary to provide you with our service and for our legitimate and necessary business purposes. Such purposes might include maintaining the high standards of service which we strive to uphold, making decisions on how progress our offering, complying with applicable legal obligations, and resolving any disputes which arise in the course of our business.
- We are legally required to retain financial and transaction data for a minimum period of 7 years for tax, audit and accounting purposes. This includes keeping a record of the amount of each transaction, what it related to, and who we transacted with.
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, for example relating to outstanding credit or an unresolved dispute, then we will retain your personal information until the issue is resolved.
- There may be other situations where we have legitimate business interests to retain personal information, such as to prevent fraud or protect security of our other members.
Any Third Party Providers that we engage will keep your personal information stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services to you or us. If we end our relationship with any Third Party Providers, we will make sure that they securely delete or return your personal information to us.
At Cureadosity, we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to protect and secure the information we collect. We are committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorised access and destruction and we take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of your personal information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us over the internet and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk.
- provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- delete the personal information we hold about you – if we are providing services to you and you ask us to delete personal information we hold about you then we may be unable to continue providing those services to you;
- restrict the way in which we process your personal information;
- stop processing your data if you have valid objections to such processing; and
- transfer your personal information to a third party.
Sign up for our newsletter to get all the latest news, be the first to hear about our exciting new products & more…
Simply enter your email address above